Have you been to a hair salon lately? I haven’t just yet, but stay-at-home orders inspired many of you to color and even cut your own hair!
A recent study says 37% of U.S. consumers who typically dye their hair in the salon, colored their hair at home for the first time. Were you one of those brave people?!
It appears that L’Oreal listened to their consumers plea for DIY hair coloring tips and launched a 24/7 hair color platform called Haircolor Concierge. Folks like you and me can text or video chat with a professional seven days a week to test out a new color with virtual try-on tools.
Here’s a list of their personalized services:
- Live Chat: Live help from L’Oréal Paris’ Consumer Care Center can be accessed seven days a week from 9:00AM EST – 9:00PM Mon-Fri, 9:00AM EST – 6:00PM EST Sat-Sun via https://www.lorealparisusa.com/hair-color-concierge.aspx. Help is also available via the new SMS service on 833-856-7315 seven days a week from 9:00AM EST – 5:30PM Mon-Fri, 9:00AM EST – 6:00PM EST Sat-Sun.
- Make an Appointment: Just like going to the salon, people can make an appointment for a video consultation with an experienced hair colorist ahead of time, offering everything from product and shade selection advice to helping them through the coloring process step-by-step.
- Virtual Try-On & Diagnostic Tools: Enhancements to the brand’s virtual Try-On tool make it easier than ever to find one’s perfect shade as well as a new diagnostic tool that helps people find the right match for their hair color needs..
- How-To’s and Q&A’s: New instructional how-to’s and more Q&A’s take all the questions out of coloring at home.
- Trend Articles: Get inspired to try a new shade or learn a new coloring technique with style-driven articles showcasing the latest color trend
I colored my hair in 2019 for the first time in 15 years when I added summer highlights with Matrix. Take a look at my summer highlights HERE.
Let us know if you have a DIY hair coloring story and what you think about L’Oreal’s hair concierge concept.
-Originally published on BeChicMag.com on August 27, 2020.