National Dandelion Day is on April 5
Did you know it was National Dandelion Day on April 5? I made this simple DIY Dandelion Serum using dandelion leaves, aloe vera and Vitamin E and then stopped by Univision 41’s morning show “Al Despertar” to share my beauty recipe. Dandelions contain Vitamin C and help detox and cleanse clogged pores, reduce the appearance of red/acne scars and can help brighten and tighten the skin. (Dandelion leaves also have health benefits and can be easily added to your smoothies, FYI!)
- Dandelion flowers are hard to find, so I used 5-6 dandelion leaves instead.
- Mix it into blender or food processor along with aloe vera
- Strain dandelions, squeezing out all the aloe
- Add the vitamin E
- For more of a dandelion touch, I added dandelion drops at the end.
- Then you apply it on your skin: after the facial cleanser but before the moisturizer.